R U Amusedn

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Why am I creating another blog?


Well, my other blogs seem to be non relevant now so I'm going to condense everything to one. I may be the only one to ever read it but since I'm on the computer every day, blogging is now easier than keeping a journal. Life has been difficult lately and I've been finding myself depressed and feeling sorry for myself. A good friend of mine told me to have a good belly laugh as often as I can. He's right. I found that a good laugh and a wine spritzer can do wonders. Prayer of course also is instrumental. This blog is my attempt to focus on things other than my problems as much as possible. Escapism is a wonderful thing.

I spent this morning scrubbing the house which is for sale. Cleaned the oven and glass top, mopped floors and shuffling junk around the bonus room to pack up. Then, went to the house in Jefferson that we have for sale and swept and mopped those floors. Came home and made potato salad to take to the McLendon's tonight.

Here's the basic recipe I made:
Boiled appx 2 lbs redskinned potatoes
Then slice, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Mix in a bowl with:
1 sliced green onion
1/4 C chopped celery (optional) I was out anyway.
appx 1/2 cup mayo
appx 1 cup light sour cream
3 Tablespoons course grained mustard
2 Tbls real bacon bits or 3-4 slices cooked bacon, chopped.
Chill for at least an hour. Yummy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your honesty in the blog you have started.....go see mine and you just might be surprised what I write about. Journal, yes, but it is also a rediscovery in many ways for me...of a place, a time, a city, all of America and the now as a very important ingredient in the stew: http://views-from-north-cecil.blogspot.com/